Cargo Securement for Dry Vans - DVD Training
Make sure your enclosed van and trailer drivers comply with cargo securement regulations.
- Program addresses the requirements of FMCSR §392.9 and 393
- Covers key topics, including:
- proper securement techniques
- working load limit and aggregate working load limit standards
- determining the number of tiedowns
- when to re-examine and adjust cargo
- pre-trip inspection
- cargo distribution
- securement devices
- re-checking cargo
- personal safety
- and more
- Program includes two animated scenarios:
- How to load cargo so the center of gravity stays low and why this is important
- How to determine the number of tiedowns needed based on the length of items being secured
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- (1) 18-minute, closed-captioned video - Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Instructor's Guide - Product Code: 12169 (405-HRV-6) - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session.
- (11) Driver Handbooks - Product Code: 12181 (406-HRV-6) - Include a driver receipt page. Review key points and include a quiz to check trainees' understanding of the material.
- (1) Wallet Card Sheet - Product Code: 12180 (173-BCR-6) - Perforated to provide 10 cards for drivers to verify that they've received training.
- (1) Awareness Poster - How/When to Use Securement - Product Code: 8301 (173-KP -A) - Hang in a break room or training area to remind drivers that the rules are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- (1) Awareness Poster - All About Trust - Product Code: 8302 (173-KP -B) - Hang in a break room or training area to remind drivers that the rules are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM (not sold separately) - Provides supplementary training materials, including a PowerPoint presentation, quizzes and answer keys, clip art, posters, and a training log. The minimum computer system requirements for the Trainer Tools CD-ROM are Office 2000, with Word, and Internet Explorer version 5.5.
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections (access to chapters by topic)
- Introduction - Explains that cargo securement is an important part of a professional driver's job and why drivers must not operate a CMV if the load isn't properly secured.
- Pre-Trip Responsibilities - In addition to the pre-trip vehicle inspection, this segment covers the important items drivers should check to ensure the safety of the vehicle and the load.
- Securing a Load
- Load Placement - Discusses the importance of distributing the weight of the load evenly and keeping the center of gravity as low as possible on the trailer.
- Securement Devices - Reviews blocking, bracing, dunnage, void filler, friction mats, load bars and how each are used to secure loads to prevent movement while in transit
- Working Load Limit and Aggregate Working Load Limit - Defines terms and provides practical examples to help drivers understand these concepts in relation to securement devices for dry vans.
- Tiedowns - Reviews various tiedowns for dry van trailers.
- En-Route Inspection - Reviews required check points & what to look for.
- Review - A recap of the basic requirements that professional drivers need to know and follow to properly secure loads inside dry van trailers.
- Conclusion - A motivational call to action for drivers to take the necessary steps to ensure each load is safely secured at all times.
- Commentary - Offers additional interviews by industry professionals.
- Quiz - 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Right Turns/Left Turns/Intersections Preview - Gives a sneak peek at a full-length training program.