Construction Safety Orientation For Employees - DVD Training Program
Safety orientation every new construction employee should have.
Includes updated info on OSHA's revised Hazard Communication Standard with GHS provisions.
- Helps you provide an introduction to OSHA for new employees
- Explains the "what" and "why" of various OSHA construction topics, including what to look for and be aware of while on the job siteM.li>
- Covers the basics that every employee should know about, including ...
- hand and power tools
- forklift safety
- hazard communication
- emergency response
- slips, trips, and falls
- fire protection
- electrical safety
- Ready-to-use training program includes additional components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- (1) 24-Minute Closed-Captioned DVD - Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Leader's Guide - Product Code: 7308 (235-VB) - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session.
- (1) Training Log - Helps trainers record essential details.
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections - Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- Introduction - Introduces jobsite safety, addresses OSHA training requirements and workers' contributions to a safe jobsite.
- Hazard Communication - Explains what "Right to Know" is, and the function of warning labels and MSDSs.
- Emergency Response - Explains that employers must have plans that state what workers must do in case an emergency occurs; discusses worker responsibilities and HAZWOPER requirements.
- Fire Safety - Explains that employers must have a fire fighting program for all phases of construction and demolition; discusses worker responsibilites, safe evacuations, and fire prevention methods.
- Housekeeping - Explains why housekeeping is essential to jobsite safety and discusses good housekeeping practices.
- Slips, Trips, & Falls - Discusses ways workers can prevent slips, trips and falls.
- Personal Protective Equipment - Discusses the importance of PPE, different kinds of PPE, and how it protects workers from jobsite hazards.
- Medical Services & First Aid - Discusses the steps for dealing with a medical emergency.
- Hand & Power Tools - Explains safe tool use with a number of safety tips.
- Materials Handling & Storage - Discusses proper stacking techniques and use of slings, fastenings and attachments of handling/rigging equipment.
- Electrical Safety - Explains how electricity works and the dangers of it; discusses methods used to control electrical hazards and working near power lines.
- Other Safety Issues - Brief look at lockout/tagout, trenching and shoring, and confined spaces.
- Conclusion - Wraps the program up and welcomes new employees to the company.