Injury Prevention for Drivers - DVD Training Program
Help your drivers stay injury-free while performing non-driving tasks.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, professional truck drivers suffer more injuries requiring time away from work than any other industry
- Injury Prevention for Drivers is an industry-specific, prevention-based training program
- Provides drivers with information on what it takes to stay injury-free while performing non-driving tasks
- Promotes safety in and around the vehicle, which helps them stay on the road and contribute to your bottom line
- The program addresses:
- Basic fall protection practices to avoid slips, trips, and falls on the job
- Ways to avoid sprains, cuts, pinches, abrasions and lacerations
- Techniques to avoid back injuries
- Methods to help prevent being pinned or crushed by cargo
- Working safely outdoors in extreme heat and cold conditions
- Also reviews the causes of driver injuries: unsafe acts and conditions, human error, environmental factors, and “whole body vibration” (i.e., sitting in the cab seat for extended periods)
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- (1) 22-Minute DVD - Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels. Includes 28 minutes of bonus materials.
- (1) Discussion Guide (16 pages) - Product Code: 13938 (536-H) - Features ideas for discussion and training activities. Also includes "what if" scenarios, review questions, and an answer key.
- (11) Driver Action Cards (6-panel format) - Product Code: 13939 (210-AC) - Review key points covered in the training.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM (not sold separately) - Includes PowerPoint® presentation that can be used as is or customized, along with handouts, quizzes, clip art, posters and a training log.
- (1) Awareness Poster - Product Code: 13940 (436-K -P) - Hang in a break room or training area to remind employees that the rules are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections - Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- Mounting and Dismounting - Three points of contact; head clearance, foot placement, and handholds (available places)
- Driving - Ergonomics (steering wheel placement; shifter location; seat adjustments); use of seatbelt; whole body vibration
- Loading and Unloading - Foot placement and mounting/dismounting trailers (3-point contact); working with equipment (chain binders, tie-down straps, winches, cheater bars); use of gloves, hard hats, and eye protection; over-exertion (and fatigue); proper lifting techniques; safely opening trailer doors (watching for shifted cargo)
- Environmental Risks - Heat illness, heat exhaustion, and heat stroke; hypothermia and frostbite; ice and snow; wind
- Stopped on the Road - Precautions in and out of the vehicle
- Review - Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Hazard Perception Challenges - Interactive scenarios to generate discussion.
- Commentary - Additional interviews of industry professionals.
- Quiz - 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management - Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.
- Previews - Back Safety: A User's Guide and Master Driver: Pattern Driving - Offers a sneak peek at a related training program.