Master Driver: Air Brakes - DVD Training
Addresses the "hows" and "whys" of air brake techniques, mechanics, and operation.
- Provides general knowledge information to augment company training.
- Covers important information drivers need to know about air brakes:
- Fundamentals of air brake techniques
- Mechanics and operation
- Helping drivers avoid crashes
- Down time
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
This program covers a critical safety topic in 20 minutes and keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros.
- (1) 20-Minute DVD - Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Bulletin - Product Code: 10477 (910-VB) - Provides background info on the topic covered and gives a brief overview of the video. Also includes a 5-question quiz and handout exercise for drivers.
- (11) Driver Skill Cards - Product Code: 10483 (910-VC) - Recap key points from the training program and include receipts for you and the driver to document training. (Rev. 10/13)
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections - Access chapters by topic.
- Hazard Perception Challenge - The video opens with a braking scenario.
- Introduction - Explains that every CMV driver should understand how air brakes work, how to keep them properly maintained, and how to use them correctly so they don't wear out as fast or fail when they're needed the most.
- How Air Brakes Work - and How to Keep them Working Properly – Discusses the two systems which comprise air brakes: a service brake system, which is controlled with the brake pedal; and a spring brake system, which operates the parking and emergency brakes.
- Service Brakes - Explains how service brakes work, brake adjustment and push rod stroke, and what inspectors check to see if brakes are in compliance.
- Spring Brakes (Parking/Emergency) - Explains how and when spring brakes work and to have qualified mechanics do any adjustments.
- Trailer Brakes - Reviews trailer service brake function.
- Anti-lock Brakes (ABS) - Reviews ABS function.
- Using Your Air Brakes - Reviews the best way to use your air brakes, daily brake inspections, and problems you want to minimize or avoid and how. (Rev. 10/13)
- Skid Control & Recovery - Discusses what to do when you find yourself in a skid and how to safely recover.
- Conclusion - Emphasizes that you need to be diligent about pre-trip inspections, to be smart about braking, and to get your brakes checked regularly by a certified mechanic.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Answer - The video closes with a braking scenario.
- Quick Review - Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary - Offers additional interviews by industry professionals.
- Bonus Hazard Perception Challenges (3) - Sharpens trainees' skills learned in the video.
- Quiz - 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.