Master Driver: Backing Techniques - DVD Training
Demonstrates the basics of backing and shows drivers how to avoid costly errors.
- Covers important information drivers need to know:
- Basic elements of backing
- Types of backing maneuvers
- How to safely and properly execute these maneuvers
- The most common backing errors and problem areas
- Straight-line backing
- Sight-side backing
- Jacking and chasing
- Alley dock backing
- Blind side backing
- And more
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
This program covers a critical safety topic in 16 minutes and keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros.
- (1) 16-Minute DVD - Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Bulletin - Product Code: 9590 (902-VB) - Provides background info on the topic covered and gives a brief overview of the video. Also includes a 5-question quiz and handout exercise for drivers.
- (11) Driver Skill Cards - Product Code: 9591 (902-VC) - Recap key points from the training program and include receipts for you and the driver to document training.
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections - Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training. (Items in boldface are actual menu selections.)
- Hazard Perception Challenge Question - The video opens with a backing scenario.
- Introduction -Explains that ninety percent of trucking incidents and crashes happen during backing maneuvers and that backing may be basic, but it sure isn't simple.
- Get Out And Look - Reviews the critical importance to get out and look (G.O.A.L.) before completing any backing maneuver.
- Points to Remember - Reviews safe backing guidelines that should be part of every backing maneuver.
- Straight Line Backing - Reviews the steps to successful straight line backing.
- Sight Side Backing - Reviews the steps to successful sight side backing.
- Jacking and Chasing - Reviews the steps to correctly jack and chase the trailer while backing.
- Alley Dock Backing - Reviews the steps to successful alley dock backing.
- Blind Side Backing - Reviews the precautions and steps needed for successful blind side backing, including using a spotter when possible.
- Correcting Trailer Drift - Reviews how to properly correct trailer drift while backing.
- Conclusion - Emphasizes that good backing procedures are critical to you and everyone around you, and to get out and look, take your time, and use your mirrors.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Answer - The video closes with a backing scenario.
- Review - Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary - Additional interviews of industry professionals.
- Quiz - 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management - Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.
- Previews - Offers a sneak peek at a related training program.