Master Driver: Coupling & Uncoupling - DVD Training
Emphasizes critical precautions needed for safe hooking up and unhooking.
- Provides step-by-step procedures for:
- Safe coupling and uncoupling of singles
- An overview for coupling and uncoupling doubles
- Emphasizes areas where most coupling and uncoupling problems occur
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
This program covers a critical safety topic in 22 minutes and keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros.
- (1) 22-Minute DVD- Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Bulletin - Product Code: 10480 (913-VB) - Provides background info on the topic covered and gives a brief overview of the video. Also includes a 5-question quiz and handout exercise for drivers.
- (11) Driver Skill Cards - Product Code: 10486 (913-VC) - Recap key points from the training program and include receipts for you and the driver to document training.
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections - Access chapters by topic.
- Hazard Perception Challenge - The video opens with an uncoupling scenario.
- Introduction - Explains that coupling & uncoupling errors are 100% preventable, that there's no excuse for a trained driver to make a mistake if they follow a step-by-step process that every CMV driver is required to know.
- Coupling Guidelines - Reviews in detail a basic 16-step process and recommends following it (or a similar process), so that no critical point is missed.
- Uncoupling - Reviews the 12 basic steps for the uncoupling process.
- Coupling Twin Trailers - Reviews the 5 key steps to coupling twin trailers.
- Uncoupling Twin Trailers - Discusses that uncoupling a twin trailer is virtually the same as uncoupling a single tractor-trailer, with a few exceptions, and how to do so.
- Conclusion - Emphasizes that coupling & uncoupling are things a CMV driver should know so well they can do them automatically, while acknowledging the process is so critical that drivers need to think about each step along the way.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Answer - The video closes with an uncoupling scenario.
- Quick Review - Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Coupling Checklist - Increases understanding and retention for coupling.
- Uncoupling Checklist - Increases understanding and retention for uncoupling.
- Coupling & Uncoupling Twin Trailers Checklist - Increases understanding and retention for twin trailers.
- Commentary - Offers additional interviews by industry professionals.
- Bonus Hazard Perception Challenges (3) - Sharpens trainees’ skills learned in the video.
- Quiz - 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Safety in the Yard - Gives drivers specific tips for avoiding crashes and incidents when maneuvering in a yard or lot.