Master Driver: Pattern Driving - DVD Training
Help your drivers prevent accidents and stay safe on the road.
- Provides strategies to help keep drivers alert and aware while on the road
- Helps drivers avoid hazardous situations that can occur when coming out of a pattern-driving daze
- Addresses ways drivers can resist:
- Highway hypnosis
- Everyday complacency
- And other dangerous pattern-driving behaviors
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- (1) Closed-Captioned DVD - Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Bulletin - Product Code: 13448 (916-VB) - Provides background info on the topic covered and gives a brief overview of the video. Also includes a 5-question quiz and handout exercise for drivers.
- (11) Driver Skill Cards - Product Code: 13450 (916-VC) - Recap key points from the training program and include receipts for you and the driver to document training.
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections - Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- Hazard Perception Challenge - The video opens with a pattern driving scenario.
- Introduction - Explains that highway hypnosis, tunneling out, white line fever, etc. are all forms of pattern driving, and pattern driving typically happens when regular runs become too routine.
- Pattern Driving Defined - Explains that pattern driving is the dangerous state you enter into when routine takes over, and you unconsciously slip into autopilot, which puts you and everyone else on the road at risk.
- The Results of Pattern Driving - Reviews how interstate driving, rural driving and city driving routes can all lead to highway hypnosis or pattern driving and complacency.
- The Causes of Pattern Driving - Discusses that no matter what form pattern driving takes, the root causes are: environment, boredom, repetition, routine, fatigue, and weather.
- How to Avoid Pattern Driving
- Trance Busters - Covers techniques to use to break spell-binding patterns to force your mind to engage in the task of driving.
- Triggers - Covers another strategy to use as a trance buster to keep your mind active and in sync with your body and with the world outside your rig.
- Conclusion - Emphasizes that if you ignore the obvious dangers of pattern driving, you could be asking for problems, such as getting pulled over, losing time, or injuring yourself and/or others in a crash.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Answer - The video concludes with a pattern driving scenario.
- Quick Review - Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Checklist - Increases understanding and retention.
- Commentary - Offers additional interviews by industry professionals.
- Bonus Hazard Perception Challenges (3) - Sharpens trainees’ skills learned in the video.
- Quiz - 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management - Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.